Let Rover help spread Christmas cheer!
Looking for a way to include your dog in your holiday decorating? These adorable paw print ornaments from Cornflower Blue Studio are a super easy DIY Christmas project for you AND your pup!
- Mix 1/2 cup cornstarch and 1 cup baking soda in a saucepan. Slowly add 3/4 cup of water, while stirring.
- Place on a medium burner and stir constantly. Mixture will begin to thicken – make sure that you are stirring to the bottom of the pot, picking up the thickened mixture that is down by the burner.
- Once it has come together as a doughy ball, remove it from the heat and let it sit until you can comfortably handle it. When it has cooled, knead it for a minute or so, until it is soft and pliable.
- Section into pieces, roll into balls, and press flat.
- Next, you will have to go to your dog and press his paw into the dough firmly and as evenly as possible. Use a toothpick to make a small hole for your string to go through at the top of the ornament.
- Finally, bake at 250 degree oven for 30 minutes on a tray lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Thread with festive string and hang on your tree!