Did you know…
According to “The Humane Society of the United States,”
- “When it’s 72 degrees Fahrenheit outside, the temperature inside your car can heat up to 116 degrees Fahrenheit within an hour.
- When it’s 80 degrees Fahrenheit outside, the temperature inside your car can heat up to 99 degrees Fahrenheit within 10 minutes.
- Rolling down the windows has been shown to have little effect on the temperature inside a car. “
Every year in towns all over the United States, there are large numbers of pets who suffer brain damage, heat stroke, or even death when their owner’s leave them in cars.
With the temperatures in Texas reaching the 90’s as early as 10AM, the temperature inside your vehicle can reach the triple digits in as little as a few minutes.
DO NOT leave your pet inside your car. If you are needing to run an errand, we would be happy to look after your pet for a few hours. Drop them off with us while you run errands around town, with no worries.
Follow the link for more information about our Day Care Services : https://www.staynplaypetranch.com/services/day-care.php
Here are some tips if you SEE an animal in distress in a hot vehicle:
- Write down the car’s make and model with a license plate number.
- If there is a store nearby, you can notify the manager to make an announcement to find the owner of the vehicle.
- If the owner cannot be found, call your local non-emergency phone number or animal control and continue to wait with the animal until help arrives.